This curry takes literally 5 – 10 minutes to make
Just 4 easy steps
Preservative and additive free
And absolutely delicious
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons balti paste
- 1/2 a cup of frozen / fresh peas
- 1/2 a packet baby spinach
- 150 g mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- fresh coriander for garnish
- roasted almonds
1. Fry the onions and garlic in a dash of olive oil with the Balti Paste for about 3 minutes on low heat until onions are translucent
2. Add the tomato and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then turn on low.
3. Add the mushrooms and peas and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are al dente. Add the baby spinach and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Serve with basmati rice (add 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric to the rice to make it a gorgeous yellow colour) and poppadums
5. Garnish with flaked roasted almonds
This recipe is vegan, vegetarian and super healthy. You can use chicken, fish, prawns or lamb as an alternative.