Curried Korma Seafood Soup (serves 4)
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Spice and All things nice Korma Curry blend
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 celery sticks (finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot (finely chopped)
- few sprigs of thyme
- 1 litre vegetable / chicken or fish stock
- 250 ml cream
- 200 g prawns
- 200 g hake
- 2 large potatoes (chopped)
- Fennel for garnish
- Fry the onion, garlic and Korma curry blend in the olive oil until the onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the celery, carrots, thyme, potato and stock and bring to a simmer. Once simmering turn onto a low heat and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until the vegetables are very soft.
- Add the prawns, hake and cream and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes until seafood is cooked through.
- Serve with warm buttery toasted ciabatta or sour dough and a sprig of fennel