I am so excited to post all the delicious recipes I have been compiling over the years!
I also hope that I can make a difference in your life by introducing you to many healthy, easy and interesting recipes that make you, your family /friends healthy and happy!
Paella is traditionally a dish which is made with aborio rice but that can be quite time consuming so I have just been cheeky and created my own fun version with my basmati rice which is super quick to make!
The Simplest Paella on the planet (serves 4-6)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 chilli (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 100 g of chorizo sausage (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup Spice and All things nice basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 100 g frozen peas
- 100 g prawns, 100 mussel, 100 g calamari
- 200 g hake or kingklip
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until translucent
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli, chorizo, turmeric and basmati rice
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then turn onto low
- After about 10 minutes cooking time add in your peas, tomatoes, fish, mussels, prawns and calamari
- Cook for a further 10 minutes or until rice is fluffy (add more water if necessary)
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a green salad and slice of lemon
Delicious when served with a glass of your favourite Chardonnay!