Our Cape Malay Curry…
Our wonderful and delicious Cape Malay Curry is still one of our all-time favourites!
Made up of 18 different spices, it truly one of the most aromatic and delicious curries you will taste.
Bonus? There’s no preservatives and additives either and all 100% handmade with love!
All of this ensures our curries have the simplest and most seamless process – making it easy to use, making cooking fun.
Now it’s your turn to put it to the taste with our delicious Coronation Chicken recipe!
“I remember my mum making this for me as a child and it was always one of my favourites. She was always the best cook and always went out of her way to make things delicious and extra special” – Gillian Downes, Owner of Spice and All Things Nice
Jenny’s Coronation Cape Malay Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 T Spice and All things nice Cape Malay curry paste
- 2 T tomato purée
- 60 ml white wine or red wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 T dried apricots
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 75ml oz crème fraîche or cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green salad leaves, to serve
- 50g/2oz flaked almonds (toasted lightly dry frying pan), to serve
- Pan fry the chicken fillets in a little olive until cooked and set aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion, bay leaf and curry paste and cook gently for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée, stock and wine and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise and the crème fraîche together in a bowl, then stir in the curry dressing. Fold in the apricots.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the curry mixture. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve with crusty fresh ciabatta and a green salad.
As simple as that!